Thursday 16 May 2013

Baby boy quilt in progress

There's a new member of the Witchard clan thanks to hubby's middle brother and his wife so I've been playing with these rather scrummy Heather Ross prints. 
 As usual I had no set plan for the quilt so I've been cutting, sewing and hoping for the best :) I started with these wonky stars.
 Then I couldn't resist using this little bit of selvedge...
 and the guitar print is perfect for our musical relatives :)
I'm doing my usual trick of throwing in some co-ordinating solids and making it up as I go along. I'm pleased with how it's looking so far :)
I'm hoping to finish this off tomorrow. There might also be another finish to show you...Catch you soon x

13 comments:

  1. That will be so beautiful for your newest family member. Can't wait to see the finished item - don't forget to show us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really interesting to see how you are using those mice fabrics. I won some and want to make a baby quilt from them but I am a bit stumped as to what to do. I really look forward to seeing what you do. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous work in progress! Love those stars! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Congrats on the new nephew. I'm sure the quilt will keep him all snuggly and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely progress.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking great! I admit, I'd be twitchy not having a plan for Heather Ross fabrics so I applaud your bravery just jumping in!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be so sweet. Love especially the guitar block!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking fab and very inventive x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, and I love the selvedge in there.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.