Thursday 3 September 2015

Wow...

...how has it been almost a month since I last blogged here? I'd like to say I've been so busy sewing that I haven't had time to blog but the truth is I've been exhausted so not a lot of anything has been going on. Fortunately I was busy earlier this year so I've still got things that I can share here until my energy levels rise again. Issue 14 of Quilt Now heralds the start of the new mystery BOM designed by yours truly. This time around I'm using Kona solids from the Emily Cier bundle for the magazine quilt. There is only one block to make each month so I'm hoping that it will be easier for some of you to quilt along with me, The first block is a simple Quarter log-cabin. Here's the solids version...
...and a mini-quilt using some prints from Gardenvale by Jen Kingwell.
I'm going to quilt along too this time so I'll have a different version of the finished quilt for myself at the end of it. Each of the blocks would look equally fabulous in multiples so I'll share a couple of ideas with you each month.
    

If you decide to join in I'd love you to use the hashtag #quiltnowbom on Instagram or Twitter so that Quilt Now and I can find your blocks. There are a few blocks on there already which makes me a happy bunny :) 
Hoping all is good in your corner of blogland. Catch you soon x

2 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see how this develops, your last one was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also looking forward to seeing how this develops! Hope you're feeling a bit better x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.