Monday 21 July 2014

Home again - Retreat run down part 1 - the haul

It's been an exhausting but awesome weekend! After 3 years of trying I finally got to Fat Quarterly Retreat. It was lovely to meet lots of bloggy friends in real life. I was completely useless at photographing any of them, I did get lots of photos of fabric though :) Look at this lot! This lot was in the goody bag from the FQR 2014 sponsors. So generous!
 Then I won this fab stack of fabric from Dashwood studios in the FQR raffle!
Following the sensible decision to join the pub quiz team that Hadley was part of (we won obviously!) I had the pleasure of winning this awesome pattern by Jen Kingwell!
Fat Quarterly Retreat market night yielded many fabulous fabric finds. This selection of remnants from Beyond Fabrics ticked a lot of boxes...
...and this selection of Cotton and Steel prints from Eternal Maker put a smile on my face...
...I couldn't resist a few basics from Fluffy Sheep Quilting either.
Then I had the great joy of taking part in the Sample Swap and came home with these fab goodies in exchange for my aprons:
Blue mug rug from Sue Blake, Purple mug rug from Tsoniki, Nested Churndash from Sue Bone and the orange hexie pincushion and key fobs from Corrine.
So after all that fabric indulgence I'm completely whacked. I intend to be back tomorrow with more retreat news. Catch you soon x

8 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of that Jen Kingwell pattern. I was looking at yesterday via pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose that winning pattern too!
    It was brilliant to get to meet you after trying so hard for so long!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of goodies you came home with, must have been a great time meeting up with bloggers etc

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a haul. Glad you had such a good time. I went last year and was whacked for a couple of days but it was so inspiring and my brain was buzzing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful!!! Your haul looks just amazing, i am sure you have many happy hours ahead of you to use it up. Your swaps are great too, love the mug rugs especially. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ARRGGGHHHHHH

    I'm coming next year I am. Maybe Hadley wants to join in with the Georgetown unofficial sew along in October?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you've got your feet up and a cool drink at your side?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab haul. Love that pattern, is it hand pieced?

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.