Sunday 15 June 2014

EPP addiction

It's been very strange in our household with hubby home recovering from his motorbike accident. All our usual routines have flown out the window and my sewing related to-do list is getting ever longer. I should be busting a gut getting patterns written up but I've mainly been distracted by EPP. I couldn't wait to finish my second Tessellated madness project. Sticking to a more structured fabric layout meant this went together much more quickly than the totally random placement of the original.
Such a summery palette. I found the perfect thread to quilt with in the shape of a yellow variegated Aurifil thread from one of Tula Pink's collections.
I didn't want anything too striking to detract from the gorgeous fabrics so this thread was perfect. It melted into the background but added fantastic texture.
It's a cushion now and has gone to live with Yvonne. This next photo made me smile and perfectly sums up what Yvonne was saying about our tastes yesterday! Non-identical twins ;)
Having finished this project I fully intended to get on with another WIP but I couldn't resist playing with TouchDraw again. The result of my playing was another new EPP block which I'm calling "Cartwheels" for now. I pulled a rather yummy selection of fabrics from my usual favourite designers, Anna Maria Horner, Tula Pink and Denyse Schmidt...
....then set to work on the block. I'm pretty much in love with this! There are more progress photos over on Instagram. It's quite a big block as this measures up around 11".
It's not going to be long before I can show you the finished article, it's very addictive! The perfect evening hand sewing project for hiding behind when England are playing in the World Cup!
In other news, I have decided to part with my Ice-cream Dreams quilt and so it now resides in our Etsy Shop.
Catch you soon x

7 comments:

  1. Well you've been busy and productive, just not in the way you planned! Hope himself is better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tessellations have been so brilliant. You seem to have caught a big for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you tessellate, hope to have a go soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. The cushion is so summery ,just lovely. The thread works perfectly of course, i have always had a thing for variegated thread. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tessellate on! I'm delighted to be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Gosh, the pieces on your pillows are much smaller than I thought! Love both of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you do seem to be addicted but I'm not sure it's a problem!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.