Friday 5 July 2013

Hoop, hoop, hoop

I was giggling to myself as I wrote that title. It reminds me of a very funny sketch from Horrible Histories (if the link doesn't work it was about Egyptian hieroglyphics). It has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm showing you today though so I'd better get on with it :) I'm also slightly distracted by Wimbledon so this will be a short post. I've made up some scrappy hoops for the Fat Quarterly Retreat Sample Swap.
 I love making scrappy hoops, it's a fab way to use up some pretty scraps. I added some embroidery in the centre to commemorate Fat Quarterly Retreat 2013. The back of the hoops are very simple but contain my fancy labels from Karen. I'm hoping that whoever receives these at Retreat will be happy with them. Unfortunately I won't get to see their reactions for myself as I won't be going. I'm feeling way too uncomfortable to be gallivanting off to London for the weekend, much to my despair. I'll be keeping everything crossed that I'm able to go next year! 
Oooo, Murray has just won the match! Result :) Hope you all have a good weekend. Catch you soon x

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful hoops, and what a result! Murray can remain British for a few more days eh!
    Gonna miss you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. You won't be there! I will miss you. The hoops are really nice and a good idea. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no such a shame that you won't be there :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hoops will make great swap gifts. So sorry to hear you can't make it to retreat. Maybe we will get to meet another time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no that's a shame you can't go - I am sure people will love your hoops. Enjoy the tennis xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hoops but it's such a pity that you're not going to be there - shall we hang out on Twitter and be #notatFQR together?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I'm sorry to hear you won't make it :o( I'm sure the hoops will be appreciated though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I was so looking forward to finally meeting you! I hope I get one of your lovely hoops as consolation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gutted you wont be joining us, hope you get better soon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely love my hoop and I know the other gals did too - thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.