Wednesday 22 May 2013

Blogger's quilt festival - Heather Ross baby quilt

Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.com
I've got another entry for Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival. This time it's in the Baby quilt category. If you're a new visitor to the blog you can find the back story for my Heather Ross baby quilt here. If you like what you see we'd love you to come back soon :) If you're a regular reader it's not been too long since I started this little quilt for our new nephew so I'm sure you'll be impressed that I got it done so quickly! 
I didn't have a firm plan in mind for this quilt other than wanting it to be a kind of eye-spy quilt but if I did have a plan it would have looked exactly as it does ;) Our nephew's parents don't own a tv and they are a very musical family so I'm sure they will find plenty of things to sing about when this quilt is in use.
Starting point for the quilt
These prints by Heather Ross are perfect for fussy cutting! I framed a few little pieces with solids but really the prints sing all on their own.
When it came to quilting I didn't want anything too fussy so I just did some organic(otherwise known as wonky) straight lines in a neutral Aurifil thread. I used this chirpy print from Ikea for the back. It's a home decor weight fabric that will stand up to outdoor picnics much more readily than the quilting cotton.
This juicy orange pezzy print from American Jane made the perfect choice for binding.
So there we have it, one very cute (even if I say so myself) baby quilt measuring approximately 43"x 45".  I'm really hoping the recipients will love it as much as I do! Thanks for taking a look, don't forget to check out all the other quilts in the baby quilt category. Catch you soon x

7 comments:

  1. Turned out brilliantly! My favourite part are the guitars!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. What a quick finish too. How lovely that you got it done in time for the festival. It does mean that you now have to do two more quilts in the next six months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Great fabrics to play eye spy, sing along with and create stories together too! What a lovely gift to pass on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful use of Heather Ross...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and a very quick finish x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.