Tuesday 17 July 2012

Gypsy Girl quickie

I know a title like that is asking for trouble but I couldn't resist ;) I bought a Gypsy Girl layer cake from Jane and designed a quilt in TouchDraw in anticipation of its' arrival. It went together super speedily and here's the finished top on the line :) I'm not sure how I'm going to finish it but it will be heading in Mum's direction when it's done.
This line of fabric is just fabulous, shabby chic meets bright hues. I can see myself buying yardage of some of the prints when they're available. In other news, I've managed to do a bit more to my Love Spring Carnival project. It's slow going but I'm enjoying seeing it grow.
Catch you soon x

11 comments:

  1. I love this fabric....it makes such a pretty quilt. Your blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not see the gypsy girl fabrics before - they look smashing in your quilt which allows their bold designs to really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Happy birthday to me! How lucky am I? :) Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric and the pattern really makes it stand out-fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt and little carnivals. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a gorgeous quilt - lucky Yvonne! I love your SC so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt - such happy colours. That'll perk your Mum right up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just brought home a Gypsy Girl jelly roll from my daughter's shop. Now I think I'm inspired to actually use it. Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quilt top...beautiful colors.

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    One homemade and 7 adopter

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.