Wednesday 6 June 2012

Not at Fat Quarterly Retreat

Well there have been a multitude of blog posts from the lucky attendees of the Fat Quarterly Retreat and as I was not one of them (I'm not bitter, much) you might want to look away now. Hopefully you won't be deterred and will stay here to see my finished Mama Said Sew flowers quilt. The weather finally cooled sufficiently for me to finish the hand quilting. 
 I love how it finished up. My rather large scale hand quilting adds just the right amount of definition to the shapes. Unfortunately the thread I used doesn't show up very well against the Amy Butler backing fabric so it's difficult to show you the effect, it looks great in real life though :)
 I've also managed to crank out some more blocks for my Central Park triple squared quilt :) This is going to be a super cheerful quilt.
Catch you all soon x

12 comments:

  1. We missed you!!!!!!!
    Love that you have actually got some beauties made though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilting - it really does have a fantastic effect on the shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that quilt is absolutely gorgeous. If it makes you feel any better I didn't go either. I've actually cheered up reading all the posts about the event. The fortnight before though I hardly read any blog posts because it was all aimed at people going and preparing for it and I kept my head down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt Reene! Looking forward to see you there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt,I am so jealous you have that fabric. Wish you had been there too, next year for sure right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt. We missed you at the weekend. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its gorgeous, love those colours! Hope to see you next year at the retreat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've drooled all over this quilt on Flickr already! It really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful!! Maybe next year for the retreat?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to meet you through our purse swap! Lovely quilts! Deborah/Miss Luella

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.