Monday 2 April 2012

Folded

There is something very satisfying about a folded quilt! I don't know what it is, maybe it's just that it signals the end of the construction, either way it makes me happy. One Dr Seuss quilt folded and awaiting the company of friends for despatch to Siblings Together headquarters.
I found a solid blue cotton from Ikea that I used as backing and thought I'd liven things up a bit more and quilted with red thread.

I bound with strips of the prints I used in the quilt for a nice co-ordinated but scrappy effect.
This is not a quilt for the shy!
Only another 4 to go...Catch you soon x

6 comments:

  1. Great quilt! No wonder the bees liked it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Reene, it will brighten up any young lad's room for sure x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to make one little boy super happy! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt :-) It'll go down a treat I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fabulous! Forget the boys, I would love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.