Thursday 29 March 2012

Let's hear it for the girls...

...of the Fresh Modern Bee 2! Thank you to the following fabulous ladies who provided the awesome blocks that lead to the making of one of my happiest quilts EVER! In no particular order:
Lynne, Danielle, Amanda, Lil, Leila, Susan, Amy, Lisa, Alison and Krista. You can see the individual blocks that they created for me here. The quilt finished up around 60" x 64", so just right for snuggling in. I took advantage of another gloriously sunny day to get pics on the washing line, excuse the shadows of the washing :)
I backed it with 2 of my favourite prints from Amy Butler's Love range, yum!
Here it is in situ on my bed! I do have to confess that it will probably be living downstairs though so I can snuggle up in it when I feel like it and just look it at the rest of the time ;)
I'm astounded by the girliness of this quilt, it's really out of character but there does seem to be a pink thing going around here at the moment. Another peek at the backing fabric, just because. Once again I bound this one with the pink herringbone from Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow.
I did very simple straight line quilting in pink and blue Amy Butler Love threads from Rowan. The quilting is rather shoddy but I did manage to find this bit to show you that is not too bad.
There's a real sense of satisfaction in me that this beautiful (even if I do say so myself) quilt has been put together from blocks around the world. Who'd have thought that so many diverse blocks could look so fabulous together?! I for one totally love it and will treasure it for EVER!! I actually feel a bit teary now it's finished. Thanks ladies!! Catch you soon x

9 comments:

  1. That one is definitely for keeps! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely quilt. I hope that you really enjoy it. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reene it honestly is beautiful, I love it to bits! You must be sooooo happy with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for finishing it, must get on with mine! It looks fabulous, I love how you arranged the blocks and the back prints are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has come together beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great...really great. Doesn't look like a bee quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.