Tuesday 10 January 2012

Swoon Along

I couldn't help but join in with Katy's Swoon-Along! I already had the perfect fabrics in the form of Impressions by Ty Pennington! It had to be didn't it :) I've just finished my first block and I am quite in love. I say quite as they are monster blocks, at around 24", and another 8 blocks are called for. This may take some time! I've used 2 prints, 2 klona solids and the background fabric is Kona medium grey. I'm thinking that I will do some form of quilt-as-you-go so that I'm not left with a mammoth quilt to struggle with on the machine. I am even contemplating some hand quilting in perle cotton as I enjoyed using it so much on Katy's cushion.
Today this scrummy bundle of Folksy Flannels arrived on my doorstep and frankly I couldn't wait to get stuck in with them. They are beautiful! I've just cut some huge squares out of them and now I'm going to get off the computer and sew them together :) Woohoo!
If it's quiet around here for a while please forgive me. We are expecting a very exciting new addition to our family anytime soon and I will be heading north on Thursday for a few days :) Beyond excited!!

8 comments:

  1. love your swoon block. I really can't decide whether I have time to do this or not: I love the block. Like your flannels too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swoon block is beautiful! I want to make mine with more than two colors per block too, and your is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!
    I hope the new addition is of the human variety, not feline, canine or car, or I will worry about you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. GoRgeous block, I am swooning to but haven't started yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those oranges & yellows. Good luck for the new arrival! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your centenary too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely block :-) And oooh those flannels... Katy already tried to tempt me twice, dont you start ;-)
    New addition eh? Mini human or pet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely block and those flannels look wonderful! Good luck with the new addition!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.