Sunday 18 September 2011

Authentic friends

When the post appeared yesterday morning there was a small package for me from a name I recognised. I wasn't expecting anything so was amazed when inside I found this bundle of yumminess!
Fiona very generously sent me some craft size squares from the Authentic charm pack she bought to use in her Pillow Talk Swap cushion. I can't begin to tell you how chuffed I was but given that I dragged myself off my sick bed to sew with them immediately I think you can work that one out for yourself! I have rather belatedly fallen in love with these text and neutral prints so cannot believe that Fiona was so generous as to share these with me for no other reason than she wanted to!! Much love to Fiona xx
I didn't have quite enough stamina to finish this off but it will be a cushion!
I used the perle threads that Fiona had wrapped the fabrics in to do some straight-line embroidery on the linen sashing.
Typically the curse of the teenager struck again and Jess has declared this soon to be cushion hers (although, apparently she would prefer it to be a wall-hanging)! One of these days I will start something for me that ends up being for me!! I've straight line quilted to add some more texture :)
Hoping to finish this off tomorrow.... Hope you've had reasonable weekends :) Catch you soon x

10 comments:

  1. this is lovely material, not seen it before. Your cushion (or your teenagers cushion) is looking fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo it looks fab! I really love that you used the perle too :) glad you liked your wee surprise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh isn't Fi a wee treasure! And you've put it to good use - it's going to be a gorgeous cushion! Hope you feel better soon, Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Authentic is one of my favourite texty lines of fabric. I didn't realise there was a whole line of fabric when I first found it. Had I known...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh get better soon Reene - Fi's medicine looks like the best! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww fabric may not exactly be a cure for anything but it helps tho doesnt it!! Hope you are better soon :-) They are really nice prints, arent they? And they're looking even nicer in your fab cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaw, bless, what a total sweetheart!! You can't blame Jess for thieving that cushion, though, it's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lucky you are! It looks great so far, too bad you don't get to keep it for yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely surprise for you. Just the pick up you needed After feeling so rough all week. I like what you've created with them,the hand embroidery really sets it off beautifully. One consolation is that if Jess does end up with it, it will at least stay in your house. :) Unlike all of the swaps you've been making recently!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely surprise! The cushion's looking great - hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.