Friday 12 August 2011

Doll Quilt ready to roll

So, I've been rather quiet this week but that's because I've been busy sewing :) I've finished my mini quilt for the Little Quilt - Sew Vote Swap over on flickr but I can't show you that yet as it's a secret voting swap. What I can show you is the finished mini for the Doll Quilt Swap 11.
I made a double sided mini for my partner so they can decide which side to display :) I've stuck to my partner's brief so I'm hopeful that it will please them!
I have one more swap to complete by September and then I think I'll have a short break from swaps. In reality I expect I'll sign up for the next one that takes my eye but I'd like to think I can show some restraint :) Don't get me wrong, I love swaps, I just really want to try to find my own style rather than making for the taste of other people all the time. Hope you all have a good weekend. Catch you soon :)

3 comments:

  1. V.striking! I'm sure this will be well received. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, I'm sure your partner will love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about making to other people's style. It's ok if you get a partner with a tonne of information that really fires your imagination but if you get a partner with limited likes/dislikes and very definite ideas about what they want it can become more of a chore. I hope if there is another Brit Quilt Swap in September you'll play along though because I think it's the best swap there is!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.