Wednesday 1 June 2011

Brit Quilt Swap

I thought I'd better pull my finger out and make a start on the mini quilt for my Brit Quilt Swap partner. Mum kindly purchased a rather gorgeous jelly roll of coloured solids for me at a recent quilt fair and I just knew my partner would love it! One night this weekend, just as I was nodding off to sleep, an idea came to mind for the design of this mini quilt. I forgot all about it until this morning so I quickly scribbled down the basic pattern and the rest grew from there. Serious quilting maths have been occurring hence the calculator!




From the gorgeous jelly roll I chose 9 strips in shades of orange, yellow and blue. The green is a fat quarter and is far more vivid than this photo would have you believe.





I was so excited by the fabrics and the design that I couldn't wait to start cutting out!





I've also started sewing the pieces together but the pictures I took are terrible so I'll have to wait to show you that until I can get some daylight shots :) Catch you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Love these colours - very sunshiney day at the beach (not that we see many of those in NI!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh can't wait to see more just the sight of your calculator scares me - diagrams & calculations are way beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the look of this! Like Fiona just said the maths bit had me a bit scared because it's a big thing I'm bad at when it comes to quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you're teasing us! Those colours are so soothing. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours are really lovely, and I cant wait to see more of the spiral!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.