Sunday 19 June 2011

Attempting normality

This week has been a total washout in terms of sewing. The snotty lurgy turned into a nasty chest infection which resulted in bed rest for the week :( Hooray for the iPad!! I'd have gone totally (ok, even more) mad without the aility to browse flickr and blogland! Thankfully I had a crochet project on the go that I could complete from my bed :) After completing this project earlier in the year I knew I wouldn't get much rest from nagging until I completed one for Mum ;) Here it is in the sunshine.



I thought it would be interesting to show it alongside the original babette blanket I made for myself. I love how the pattern works in the different colourways :)





The monotony of crochet and bed rest was disrupted by the arrival of this gorgeousness!!





My Pillow talk swap partner was the one and only Elizabeth of Don't Call Me Betsy fame!! I can't tell you how stupidly excited I was when I recognised her name on the customs label :) Regular readers will remember I took part in her Sliced Coins Quilt Along I just love her style and we seem to have a similar taste in design and fabrics. A truly amazing pairing from my Pillow Talk swap mama :) I had marked this beauty down as a favourite over on flickr so I was delighted to be able to give it a home! Central Park, half square triangles, grey....what's not to love?! Elizabeth you ROCK!!




I've managed to spend some time downstairs today so I'm hoping that I can get back on the sewing machine tomorrow as I have a ton of swap deadlines looming!! Oh, I've also succumbed to the growing craze that is The Farmer's Wife Quilt so expect photos of some of these blocks very soon.

6 comments:

  1. I love your crochet work, it's so gorgeous!! And I'm so glad that you love your pillow, it was a ton of fun to make for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab set of projects - I love both Babette's and I love Elizabeth's pilow too - get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow - I need to remember how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful crocheted blankets & cute pillow from E. Good to hear you're on the mend - perhaps a tonic might be just the thing to give you that extra boost (my mum used to give us a huge tablespoon of malt from the jar - yuk!). Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your new babette well I love both of them really!
    And your new pillow is fab too. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a brilliant bit of crochet! Love it :-) Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.