Thursday 21 April 2011

Doll Quilt Swap received

My return from Scotland was celebrated with the receipt of my Doll Quilt Swap :) I've been slow to post this thank you as I've been waiting to hang it on the wall in my sewing room. Bank holiday weekend was the perfect opportunity to crack the whip on hubby ;) This fabulous doll quilt came all the way from Australia!! It was beautifully made just for me by Melanie (melaniemade)


I just love the happy rainbow of colours that Melanie has used. Her piecing is so precise and there are lots of lovely fabric details like the little gnome in the middle. Those little squares are about 1.25" finished size, so seriously precise work!! The back if fabulous too!



Lots of my favourite fabrics make an appearance here :) Melanie was also kind enough to include some fabric for me to play with!! How lucky have I been with my swap partners?!



Melanie asked to see a picture of it on the wall in my sewing space so here it is above my sewing machine!



And another slightly closer shot. See how cute it looks next to the mini I received in My Favourite Little Quilt Swap.



So thank you Melanie for making such a gorgeous mini just for me. Great eye-candy for when I'm creating!

1 comment:

  1. wow, that looks fantastic on your wall there. And I love the fabric on the back of it too

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.